The 3-masted schooner Fulton was keeled and built in Marstal in 1914. Today, the ship is owned by the National Museum of Denmark and operated by the Fulton Foundation. The schooner has a crew of 4 people and mainly sails in Danish waters.
Since the first visit to Hvide Sande Shipyard, Steel & Service in 1992, the schooner has had several major restorations carried out, including keel repairs. Fulton typically spends the winter at Hvide Sande Shipyard, Steel & Service and, as far as possible, most dry-dockings & repairs, restorations, inspections, etc. are handled and carried out during winter storage, and thus outside the schooner’s summer cruises. Over time, a large and adequate knowledge bank has been established around the vessel, as well as a strong relationship of trust between the shipyard and the owners.